School Groups Committee
The purpose of the School Groups Committee is to lead policy and environmental change through relationship building with local schools. Currently this committee is focusing on three goals:
- Establish criteria for local schools to qualify as a Get Up & Go! School.
- Promote local school activities that promote health and wellbeing to its students and communities
- Establish relationships and offer support to local school’s wellness committees
Members include:Jared Beard
If you are interested in learning more about this committee please contact email@example.com
The purpose of the Get Up & Go Outreach Committee is to increase Get Up & Go’s presence in the community by connecting partners, supporting community events and creating opportunities for healthy living. Currently this team is focusing on the following areas:
- Provide content to the website and updates to the Community Calendar of events.
- Publish local stories and a regular newsletter featuring activities and suggestions for healthy and active living.
- Represent the Get Up & Go campaign at local health fairs and special community events.
Jim and Beth Sheldon
If you are interested in learning more about this committee please contact Mark Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Development Committee
What Does this Committee Do? We work with other GUG committees, individuals, & organizations to secure funding, in-kind, & other resources on behalf of Get Up & Go. We help plan for the needs of the organization by preparing an annual budget and chronicle the accomplishments of Get Up & Go by preparing an annual report.
1. This committee is leading the Get Up & Go Healthy Community Development Fund, which will raise funds to make small monetary awards for groups in St. Clair County to help support active living and health eating. Our goal is to raise $20,000 the first year.
Small grants can make a big difference. Even small investments can help schools start a walking school bus program, help a neighborhood start a community garden, or help a church start a food co-op where people can purchase affordable fruits and vegetables, help a community make an access path to a nearby walking trail.
• Check back for more information about submitting a request for funding
• If you would like to donate, click on the “Donate” tab on the home page
2. This committee is spear-heading a speaker’s bureau for Get Up & Go. The speaker’s bureau will inform the community about the mission, vision, & goals of Get Up & Go; solicit funds to support the Healthy Community Fund & recruit potential new board members, specialists & volunteers for Get Up & Go!
Interested in a speaker from Get Up & Go? Click here to submit your request.
Rita Arras Boyd, RN, PhD (chair) Emeritus Associate Professor, SIUE School of Nursing 618-973-5263 email@example.com, board member Willard Scrivner Public Health Foundation
Angie Vassen Director, Law Day Run 618-806-2726 firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie P. Clark Spiritual Director Inner Splendor email@example.com St. Clair County Board of Health, Willard Scrivner Public Health Foundation, Metro East Interfaith Partnership
Jen DeJong, MS is senior consultant for Youth Ministry Architects firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug Stewart, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Pastoral Care, email@example.com
Darrell Coons, former area pastor and Fire Chaplain for several local fire departments,Illinois Outreach Coordinator for the Alzheimer’s Association, St. Louis Chapter,