School: Smithton Elementary
District District 130
316 South Hickory
Smithton, IL 62285
Chairperson: Olivia Rogers
- Baby think It Over
- Coordinated Approach to Child Health (CATCH)
- Physical Education
- We will have a nurse meet with the faculty at the beginning of the school year
- Make dental health a priority
- Encourage Go, Slow, Whoa foods through the CATCH program
- Adding a water station
- Social worker meet with the faculty
- Walk to School Day
- Staff Biggest Loser
- Staff Pedometers
- Family Fun Night
- During the 2013-14 school year the *th grade students will participate in the Baby Think It Over program.
- Starting in Fall 2014, we will incorporate CATCH in every classroom, students will start moving as soon as they enter.
- Also, the Fall of 2014, we will have PE everyday for all the Jr. High students.
- The nurse will work with the teachers to share information on health issues with students.
- We ordered toothbrushes for kindergarten and 1st grade students, and a dentist came to talk to 2nd and 3rd grade about dental health.
- To promote Go, Slow, and Whoa foods, we placed posters in the cafeteria and gym, before the start of the 2014 school year.
- In the Fall of 2014, we placed a water station in the cafeteria.
- Our social worker meets with the rest of the staff to discuss various topics the students are facing.
- We would like to have a school wide Walk to School Day during the 2014-15 school year.
- To promote health for the staff we are holding a Biggest Loser competition for the teachers. The teachers were only aloud to enter if they had a high BMI.
- In the Spring of 2014, we purchased pedometers for the faculty and staff. The goal would be to challenge staff members to do a 5K.
- We would like to host a Family Fun Night during the 2014-15 school year.
This is a story about what the school accomplished.